Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chicago: Part II

After the excitement in downtown Chicago, I went to Brookfield for my cousin Casey's wedding at the Brookfield Zoo.
It was wonderful to hang out with a lot of my family who I don't see all the time since I'm way yonder in California -- I caught up and laughed with mom and dad, aunts and uncles, cousins and my grandparents who are amazing.
The rehearsal dinner was that Friday night, followed by the big day. Grey, damp skies threatened, but by the time the ceremony started that early evening, no showers would rain on this party!
The ceremony took place in a covered pavilion, with bright white everywhere from the walkway and platform to the chairs. The bride, Kelsie, stunned in a simple white halter-style dress with pretty little flowers adorning her upswept hair. They're a tall pair, and look great together. It was a lovely ceremony.
Then came some adventure -- we hopped on the zoo's tram and whisked away to the cocktail hour inside the monkey and gorilla exhibit! The big, burly gorillas and cute monkeys were just feet away in the trees or on the rocks as we enjoyed hors d'oeuvres and drinks.
The tram then zipped us to the reception location where we'd end the night with a nice dinner and dancing. I really enjoyed dancing with my little cousins, Emily and Jake, who are adorable and just really neat. A good time was had by all!
Me with grandma and grandpa just before the wedding ceremony.
Casey and Kelsie just before saying "I Do." Don't they look perfect together?
Jake and Emily, my comrades during the cocktail hour with the monkeys and gorillas.