Thursday, June 7, 2012

Live Music: From a Church to the Cliff

I'm digging the live music I've seen recently...
Last week Ramona and I got to see Diego Garcia sing his heart out along with a Spanish guitar and cello at a sweet little church in Koreatown.
It was inspiring!
His passionate songs about romance and relationships, love and loss, connect you to something beyond yourself, and you can't help but feel the music. The experience. The now.
While in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend to visit my sister, Natalie, we roadtripped for a day to the Sasquatch Music Festival that was about two hours away at the Gorge Amphitheatre.
This iconic concert venue sits on a cliff overlooking a river, with green foothills glistening in the background. Along with the Hollywood Bowl in L.A., I think it's one of the most spectacular outdoor spots to see live music.
Oh, I got to see Beirut and Bon Iver play, and they both rocked!