Thursday, December 29, 2011

We Bought a Zoo

Last night I had a special date. With my parents.

We started out at Rudy's Tacos for, well, tacos and root beer, cream soda for me, and then dashed into the windy night to catch a 7:20 PM showing of the Cameron Crowe movie, "We Bought a Zoo."

Grams and gramps, you were right -- the movie was great! Matt Damon is spot-on as a widowed father who moves with his two kids to a country house to bring to life a dilapidated zoo. If you want a flick with some magic, inspiration, big laughs and tears, this is for you.

I'm still pondering this cool quip from Damon's character, Benjamin Mee:

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

This way of thinking is on my radar for 2012...

* The movie is based on this memoir by the real-life Benjamin Mee